accidents (NAPS)-car can wreak havoc on otherwise quiet. Even if they are small, they can often cause confusion. You may ask yourself, how should I react? What should I do?
First auto insurer Progressive offers these simple steps to follow after an accident:
1) Remain calm. Keep a calm demeanor helps you maintain control of the situation.
2) Make sure you and your passengers are OK. Move farther from the road as possible, but remain at the scene. Warn oncoming traffic by activating your hazard lights or setting flares if you have any.
3) Call the police. Call 911 or the appropriate emergency number to report the incident.
4) Contact the insurance company and claims the report. Rather, the insurance company aware of the incident, the sooner you can start its work to resolve compensation. With 24 / 7 claims service and the reporting obligation of progressive easy to just call 1-800-progressive .
5) Do not accept fault. To protect yourself legally, does not discuss in a car accident in which someone other than the police and the insurance company.
6) exchange of important information with the other driver involved in a car accident. Enter the name, address, phone number and license number of all drivers and witnesses, especially those who are traveling in a vehicle involved in an accident. Ask the name of your insurer and policy number of all drivers involved in a car accident.
Before getting into an accident, make sure you have the right car insurance. Because the last thing you want to do when you're in a car accident is concerned about having to pay for damages.